Last Updated: 2015/02/24
2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us - We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, complete a Monero transaction via the Services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, Monero address, OpenAlias aliases, password, mobile phone number, mobile PIN code and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services - When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile application, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Please note that disabling cookies will break the session functionality that is required by the hosted Monero account service.
- Account Address Information: When you create an account through our Services, a view key is automatically generated and stored via our Services. We do not ever store or know your private spend key, which means that it is cryptographically impossible for us to spend funds on your behalf.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For instance, as and when we implement a live chat support system we may collect information provided by you during the use of this system, such as your name and email address. We may also use third-party services branded as MyMonero. Any third-party services may collect information as determined by their own privacy policies.
3. Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, facilitate Monero transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, authentication codes and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you via email or push notifications. We will provide an unsubscribe option on within these notifications.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services in an aggregate and anonymous manner;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which you provided the information.
4. Sharing of Information
- With the Monero Network, we will share your public account address and any transaction details to facilitate any transaction request you submit via the Services;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf; it is our practice to require such parties to handle the information in a manner consistent with our policies;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or as otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
6. Your Choices
Account Information - You may update, correct or delete information about you or your account at any time by logging into your online account.
Push Notifications - As and when this functionality becomes available, and only with your consent, we may send standard push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Promotional Communications - You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
7. Contact Us